Q. I have some scars due to scabies. How to remove them?

Dr. Chaitra. P

I got these scars post scabies some eight years back. I want to know of a procedure to remove them immediately.

#

I understand from details and image (attachment removed to protect patient identity), given that there is dark pigmentation mainly on the lower portion of both buttocks. The skin over this area looks a little dry and thick as well.

I recommend you to use a thick moisturizer body cream twice a day which helps in softening and renewing the skin. Avoid wearing tight-fitting clothes that may rub over this area. Very important if you have any itching, please seek to get the symptoms treated first before moving on to pigmentation treatment.

Once the skin is softer, a skin lightening cream containing Glycolic acid or Kojic acid can be applied at night to the affected area.

Actually, I am looking for a treatment for immediate results something like a laser.

#

I understand your concern. Pigmentation can be treated by laser as well as chemical peels and injectables. They help as additional procedures to reduce pigmentation along with skin lightening creams, does not merely mean fast. However, the procedures are not one-time and require serial multiple sessions over a gap of two to three weeks. Kindly see a dermatologist to choose a method which best suits you.

|