Q. I hit my forehead against a wall and got a scar. Can I treat that scar?

Dr. Shanza Ikram
Published on Jun 14, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 15, 2019

I hit my forehead against a wall and had a small cut on my forehead and now it has healed and it looks like a scar. Will I have a permanent scar?

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Dermatology
#

First, you need to understand that scar treatment depends on its depth and lenght. Whether your scar is permanent or not, it is very important to evaluate it. Mostly scar lightens and becomes equal to the surrounding skin with passage of time. However, scars which are deep becomes permanent. Such scar will not go away with any creams or gels. Best treatment for permanent scar is reversal by plastic surgery or it could recover to some extent with C02 laser.

Will scar revision work give me a virtually invisible scar?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been bitten by a dog three months ago. I have multiple scars but the worst one is above the upper lip. Unfortunately, I went to a dermatologist recommended by family and he insisted to apply Yag Laser at 55 days post-bite. I asked if it was not too soon but he said it was harmless a...  Read Full »