Q. Can frequent masturbation lead to weak erections?

Dr. Pankaj Mittal
Published on Jun 09, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 26 year old male, who weighs 42 kg. When I was 18 years old, I started masturbating. At that time, I released that my penis was strong, but now, it is not that strong. I am in a long distance relationship, and I only meet her once a year. Last year when we met, I had sex, for the first time. It was not good, as I have a weak erection. I cannot last long, as I ejaculate within 2 to 3 minutes. My friends used to suggest some pills, but I am scared to take them. So please suggest a better solution. I suffer from weakness of muscles in my body. So, is it harmful to take these pills once a year before I have sex? I feel that my erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation are caused by frequent masturbation. Is it true? 

Dr. Pankaj Mittal

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

• I would like to mention a fact here that masturbation is normal. Almost every male masturbates, and most females do too. So, there is no harm in masturbating even daily. There is no physical weakness after masturbation, and it is all psychological weakness. It does not cause faster aging. This myth that it's a disease is created by quacks to make money from youth.
  • Masturbation is normal and will never affect your sexual life in future. There is no need to take any medicine to stop this because this is not a disease. It will end after marriage when you find your partner. Even in some instances after marriage like during pregnancy, wife's periods, and immediately after childbirth, almost all husbands masturbate.
  • Masturbation does not make you weak, and it has no negative impact on your sexual well-being, it will not affect your physique or fitness. All of us masturbate, it is a normal phenomenon, it is not a bad habit or diseases like addiction and obsession. There is no relation between semen and blood.
  • As you have a sexual relationship only once in a year, it could be a cause for premature ejaculation. You can try female on top position, and you may have multiple tries and distraction technique for this. Currently, I cannot suggest any medication, as your weight is not good according to your age. So first, you should meet some good physician for this.

Eat healthily and stay healthy. Best wishes and good luck.

For further queries consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

My health is deteriorating due to masturbation. What do I do?

Query: Hello, I am a 30 year old male. I do not have any other health issues. My problem is regarding my deteriorating health condition after each masturbation. Usually I have been masturbating since very longtime. But since last few months, I have reduced the frequency to once in a week. After each mastur...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi,  Welcome to icliniq.com. What you call a deteriorating medical condition is not due to masturbation. Masturbation is absolutely normal for any human being and science has clearly demonstrated that it does not have any bad effects on the body. You can take it as a normal sexual activity wher...  Read Full

How do I overcome tiredness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old male, married for 2 years now. My height is 178 cm and weight is 72 kg. I am not suffering with any medical conditions. I am working in a MNC. I do not have any work related stress as such. My problem is that I feel tired most of the time. I am also prone to getting ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and it is good that you mentioned it in detail. To answer your problem, this looks more like three reasons. Firstly, you might not feel as energetic as your youth of 20s since you are growing up. Secondly, after effects of masturbation addi...  Read Full

I have premature ejaculation after getting circumcised. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor,I had phimosis, so I got circumcised two years ago. But now, I have premature ejaculation after circumcision. I also have loss of sensation in my penis. Before circumcision, I enjoyed masturbating, but now I do not feel such enjoyment. What can I do? Was the decision to get circumcised wro...  Read Full >>

Dr. Bharat Udey
Geriatrician

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Circumcision has nothing to do with the loss of penile sensations or premature ejaculation. It is just that you are correlating two things together as an explanation for yourself. You cannot say that you have premature ejaculation while masturbating.Premature ejaculation...  Read Full

Ask a Sexologist Now