Q. I masturbate a lot. My penis is swollen. Can you suggest a remedy ?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 28, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jul 06, 2019

• I am an 18 year old male. My weight 46 Kg.
  • I have been masturbating since 2010 till now.
  • But now, I have been facing problems like premature ejaculation, nightfall, other problems like loss of appetite, weakness and poor memory
  • I ejaculate 3 times within 1 hour. I also watch porn videos. 
  • There is a swelling in my penis. I have attached pictures of the same.
  • But I have no pain. Sometimes I have a burning sensation.
  • My testicles start paining after 20 minutes of ejaculation and the pain goes away after 2 to 3 hours.
  • And I do not feel hungry after masturbation.

Is there anything wrong?I want to quit masturbation. So please guide me quit this forever.

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns.

First of all I would like to inform you that masturbation is completely a normal phenomenon.

• It is not associated with any side effects and do not cause any problems if performed for pleasure.
  • In other words it is completely harmless and the problems which you are encountering are not due to masturbation.
  • If you masturbate beyond your capacity then it is possible that you may have pain in the testis or penis as there is engorgement of local veins.
  • To make it clear, masturbation one to two times in a week in an 18 year boy can be considered normal.
  • I have seen the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is swollen glans (head of penis) which could be due to over masturbation, insect bite or local infection from unprotected sex.
  • Regarding your other complaints like loss of appetite, memory problem and weakness, these might be due to other factors. It can be anything from low hemoglobin to depression.

Before we proceed further, I request you to do the following tests:

• Thyroid function tests.
  • Liver Function Tests (LFT).
  • Blood urea and serum creatinine levels.

Once you are done with these tests, consult a sexologist online for further follow up --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|