Q. Why are there red rashes on my glans penis?

Dr. Kakkar
Published on Jan 04, 2018

I had unprotected sex three months ago. I had all the tests except herpes done and all were negative. About every one to two weeks since the encounter, I have been getting red rashes and red small dots all over my glans penis and foreskin. They are not raised, they do not itch. They are maybe like two seconds a day and no discharge. Although sometimes penis can produce an odor.

The dots will disappear on its own usually after three days and can reoccur again after a week or two. There is nothing that seems to be indicative of herpes. Penis also seems very dry and wrinkly at times. All STDs and HIV tests were all negative.

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

Perhaps you have a yeast infection - candida.

It can manifest as redness and bumps on the glans.

There is usually associated itching.

I request you to kindly upload a few images of the affected area so that I am able to confirm and guide you better.

For more information consult an HIV AIDS specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist

What are the small flat bumps on penis?

Query: Hello doctor, There are small flat bumps on penis. Is it herpes? I had rather rough sex with a partner a week before noticing these. I have been tested before and it has been negative and I have never had this before.  Read Full »

I am under PEP. How often should I get tested for HIV if the results come negative?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 32 years old. I am on PEP that has to be taken for 28 days. I got my first dose around 40 hours of being contracted to HIV. PEP is not 100 % secure. My question is if I am lucky and the result shows HIV negative after the therapy, how often do I need to get antibody tested if luck s...  Read Full »

I have red bumps on penis after sex. Is it candidiasis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 38 years old and I am 67 kg and 169 cm. I am half black with kind of light skin. Although I have my fiancee, I masturbate a lot before and sometimes I damage my skin under the gland. I can mention maybe since a year or so. I always associate because, in the new place where I live...  Read Full »

Ask a HIV AIDS Specialist Now