Q. I masturbate quite a bit. I used dildo and I am bleeding. Please help.

Dr. Vidya
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 08, 2014 and last reviewed on: Sep 20, 2019

I am a 19 year old female. I am a virgin, but I masturbate quite a bit. Before, it was around at least once per day but it has been dying down to mainly the weekends. I use a vibrator and it is not actually a vibrator but a small hand-held massager for the back. I use it on my clitoris and use my fingers for stimulation.

I started around 9 years of age but then I had a two year period where I stopped completely, but started again around 12 years and have continued from that. When I was 9 years, I broke my hymen I believe, but only when I was 12 years, I started fingering myself.

I use two fingers and actually, I have been bleeding from then. It happens even when I am not on or near my period. My nails are not that sharp, but when I finger myself, I bleed most of the time. The bleeding is very light.

Just yesterday I started using a dildo and I was fine. I make sure my things are clean before and after I use them. But today after pumping myself with the dildo I felt a weird liquid flow out of me. I know it was not an orgasm because it did not feel like one. But when it flowed out it was like blood. I have no idea of what is going on. Am I making myself infertile? Does my vagina have some sort of disease? Do I have any health risks from this act?

#

Masturbation does not generally hold a great risk but it does cause some complications. Frequent masturbation causes addiction.

The mild bleeding you experience with the use of the vibrator could be due to local injury to the vaginal mucosa following a stimulating contact. This is alarming as time and again doing this could convert it to a chronic injury and cause ulcers, sores, andinfection. The dildo you are newly using can also lead to similar problems. I suggest you use them very occasionally or not use them at all.

Keep the vaginal area always dry. Each and everytime you pass urine, wash and dry the area with a soft towel.

Use Lactacyd feminine intimate wash to clean your private parts.

|