Q. My period is usually regular. But, now I missed my period after taking Provera. Why?

I am a 30 year old female and recently started planning my first child. I have premature diminished ovarian reserve. I have always had a normal periods but recently missed 2 periods in a row and hence started progesterone challenge. Progesterone challenge month 1 : Light spotting after 2 days of finishing Provera followed by light periods after 2 weeks of finishing Provera Progesterone challenge month 2 : No spotting or bleeding Did some lab work and observed the below ( all these tests were done on day 60 since I did not get periods) Fsh : 12.1 Estradiol : 330 AMH :

#

Hello

Your FSH and estradiol levels are very high . It would be important if you can share the AMH levels and also your latest transvaginal ultrasound report. Also mention your height and weight.

If you are case of premature ovarian failure , confirmed, then there is nothing which can be done , however if AMH is low , then a DHEAS trial can be offered with oc pills and then ovulation induction followed by egg retrieval and then IVF procedure. But please share all your reports for a review first. Regards

| 

Menstrual Disorders in Adolescent Girls

Article Overview: In this article, I have discussed the most common menstrual problems faced by girls in their adolescence and the method of diagnosis of the same. Read Article

Dr. Ashwini Nanasaheb Talpe

Menstrual problems are common during adolescence due to slow maturation of the system situated in the brain called hypothalamo-pituitary axis. The hypothalamo-pituitary axis is the mediator of the menstrual cycle. The failure of this system may lead to variations in the menstrual cycle. It can last ...  Read Article

Is it safe to take oral contraceptive pill?

Query: Hi doctor, My girlfriend had irregular periods and USG pelvis showed PCOD. So, she is taking COCP. In spite of taking the drug properly, she missed her period this month. Is anything wrong with her? What to do now? Does she need to continue the drug? Or should she stop it? I heard that COCP may caus...  Read Full »

In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)

Article Overview: In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a type of Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART), which is used to treat infertility. In IVF, mature eggs are retrieved from the ovaries, and these eggs are fertilized by sperms in a lab to form embryos. The embryos are then implanted in the uterus.  Read Article

Dr. Sneha Kannan
Infertility Specialist

Overview of IVF In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a type of Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART), which is used to treat infertility. In IVF, mature eggs are retrieved from the ovaries, and these eggs are fertilized by sperms in a lab to form embryos. The embryos are then implanted in the uterus. T...  Read Article

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»