Q. I am unable to recollect things suddenly for sometime. What could be the reason?

I am having blood pressure and diabetes. Currently, I am using Triolmezest 40 mg and Starpress XL 25 mg for blood pressure and Glimestar-M1 for diabetes. All levels are normal including lipid, echo, HbA1c, etc. Two days back, all of a sudden, my neck started paining and there was a blurredness for sometime. After closing my eyes for few minutes, I was normal. Neck pain continued and after one period I was not able to recollect the names of the people for five to ten minutes and fully conscious. After 10 minutes, I was able to recollect everything. Of course, I was under little stress. Kindly suggest what could be the reason or is it normal for everybody? Kindly advise the precautions and any diagnostics. Longtime back, I was diagnosed for spondylitis but there is no pain usually.

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

Since you are a diabetic and hypertensive, in such a case I would like to evaluate you for the possibility of transient ischemic stroke (TIA). I would recommend an MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) brain and a color Doppler. If all results are normal, then this could be a postural fainting attack, cervical myalgia or could be simply stress-induced. So, go ahead with the tests.

Start exercises, meditation for stress relief. Never skip your breakfast. Do not stand for long hours. Drink plenty of fluids. Also, keep a watch on your blood pressure.

| 

Definitely it helped to get clarity. Can I get it done in two weeks time and how much does it usually cost?

#

You should get it done as soon as possible. Cost would be less expensive for MRI brain and color Doppler carotid.

|