Q. What length of the penis is considered a micropenis, and how to increase the size?

Dr. Thiyagarajan T

I consulted a doctor for the rashes on my penis and was diagnosed with balanitis and phimosis even though I was circumcised. The doctor suggested consulting an endocrinologist as she suspected I had a micropenis. The length of my fully erect penis is 7.5 cm.

Is this considered a micropenis? If so, is there a treatment to increase the size of my penis?

Thanks.

#

You do not have phimosis. Usually, uncircumcised people only get phimosis. I can see the entire glans in one of the pictures you sent, so there is no chance of phimosis (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity).

Penis length in adults is more to do with function. If you can urinate standing and the stream of urine falls away from your feet, then you are fine. If you get normal erections and have satisfactory sex, then also you are fine.

If your stretched penile length is 7.5 cm, then by definition, you have a micropenis, but if you do fine with the above parameters, then nothing to worry about.

The size of the penis is decided by the level of testosterone and growth hormone. If you have concerns, I suggest you check your testosterone level. But if you have normal libido and normal erections, then everything is normal.

There are surgical procedures to increase penile length for some individuals, but no medications increase the size.

|