I am experiencing random mood changes that range from being numb emotionally to being energetic and struggling to slow down. I have been struggling with it for as long as I remember, but it affects my diet, personal hygiene, and sleep quite significantly, and I think something may be wrong. I had taken antidepressants four years ago, but this seems different.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
Thank you for taking help from a psychiatrist. I can understand your situation. I suggest you may have a mixed anxiety depressive disorder. There is non-pharmacological management for it; I suggest you try the below-mentioned guidelines to deal with it. It will help you.
1) Do exercises daily for 30 to 45 minutes, like at least going for a walk or, if possible, joining a gym. It will boost confidence in you.
2) Try doing meditation for 20 minutes daily. Just sit in one place in a comfortable position and concentrate on your normal breathing, do not stop or force yourself to control your thoughts. Just let it be. It will help you relax.
3) Eat healthy home-cooked foods, avoid junk foods.
4) Drink enough water.
5) Spend quality time with friends and family daily or do video calls if you live away from your family.
6) Spend time on creative hobbies like reading good books, writing journals, painting, drawing, learning new skills or language or musical instruments.
7) Take enough seven to eight hours of sleep daily.
8) Avoid tobacco or alcohol or any substance abuse.
9) Live your life, do not just spend it.
10) Be bold and confident.
11) Do not be afraid of anyone. Stop overthinking. You should stand in front of the mirror and make eye contact with your eye and talk with yourself.
If you still have symptoms that persist after following the advice for four to six weeks, then you need to start medications for a short duration.
I hope that this helps.
Please, let me know if you want some help.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
.. Quetiapine and is an antipsychotic drug, but the drug is also used in mood disorders like bipolar disorder or resistant depression. The drug does not make a person schizophrenic. A lot of psychiatrists use this drug as augmentation therapy for dep... Read fullGeneralized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) - Symptoms, Signs, Causes, and Treatment
What Is Generalized Anxiety Disorder ... Generalized anxiety disorder is a mental illness where the patient has anxiety not just to particular situations but nearly every activity of the day ...... Read fullLifestyle Modifications for Women's Health
This will improve your confidence, lead to an exchange of ideas, and allow you to know more about lifestyle issues of the people around you ... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Psychiatrist Now