I took a morning-after pill after likely contact with precum, and my period is late. What are the chances of pregnancy?

Q. What are the chances of pregnancy despite taking the morning-after pill post-precum contact?

Dr. Raveendran. S. R.

I rubbed my vagina to a man's penis on the day my period was to come. Precum was likely there, so I took a morning-after pill after 24 hours. Now my period is late for three days. What are the chances of pregnancy?

#

I can understand your concern.

No need to worry about pregnancy. You did it during periods and took pills too. Delay in a period is most likely due to side effects of the morning-after pill. Other reasons and suggestions for your complaint are as follows:

• It can be due to infection. If the white discharge is present, I suggest you use tablet Doxy (Doxycycline) 100 mg twice a day for five days.
  • It can be due to hormonal issues. I suggest you plan for TFT (thyroid function test).
  • It can be due to PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). I suggest you plan for an ultrasound abdomen.
  • It can be due to anemia, and I suggest you check for hemoglobin.
  • It can be due to vitamin deficiency. So, I suggest you get checked for folic acid, vitamin B, and vitamin D.
  • It can be due to dehydration. Make sure you take adequate water.

For now, I suggest you tablet Livogen (folic acid and ferrous fumarate) once a night and plan for investigation so we can plan for management.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards.

|