Mucocele

Can oral mucocele recur at the same region in the mouth?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been diagnosed with oral mucocele on the lower lip before three months. I underwent surgery to remove the lesion and it was sent for histopathological examination. The exam report suggested it as a simple retention cyst and the excision was complete. After eight to nine days of su...  Read Full »

Dr. Dhivya Priya J

Maxillofacial Prosthodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for giving me a chance to answer your query and I will give my opinion. I have gone through your query and the picture attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would also like to assure you that the condition is not associated with malignan...  Read Full »

Are small fluid-filled bumps inside the cheeks sign of oral cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a small bubble-like thing inside my cheeks. Maybe a mucous cyst. It has been three weeks now. It pops out, and again the fluid gets fill it in. I have attached an image of it. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Yes, it looks like a mucocele, which is a benign cyst filled with mucus. There are blocked salivary ducts, which lead to mucocele. It needs to be removed by cautery or surgery.  Read Full »

Is it necessary to take a biopsy for an oral mucocele?

Query: Hello doctor, I have what seems like an oral mucocele in my upper inner lip. I went to the dentist, and after looking at it, he said that it is most likely it is mucocele and referred me to the oral surgeon. He explained that they would remove it and send it in for a biopsy. That alone slightly wo...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammad Emranul Islam

Dentist, Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry for the problems you have. It is probably a mucocele. But as you and your dentist have some confusion, you should have sent a clear picture of it for my opinion. Mucocele is a salivary gland cyst that is commonly found on the lower lip. It is a painless soft ...  Read Full »

Why am I having lump on tonsil for three years?

Query: Hello doctor, Lump on tonsil for the past three years. Full left ear feeling. Been to ENT twice.  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like a mucocele or cyst (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Do you have any throat complaints? Throat pain? Do you smoke?  Read Full »

Why do I have a water bubble under my tongue?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had swollen glands for a few months now. I have seen an ENT doctor for the same. He ran a blood test and it came back normal. He told me give it a month and they should go down. They have not gone down or grown. Before going to the ENT doctor, I also visited a dentist and got to...  Read Full »

Dr. Nivedita Dalmia

Dentist

Answer: Hi , Welcome to icliniq.com. The swollen gland can be due to the infected molar. An infected tooth also can cause swollen glands in the neck. The swollen glands will subside only if the infection site is cleared. Get it treated as soon as possible. Visit the dentist, get an x-ray (IOPA - Intraoral P...  Read Full »

What is the swelling present inside the lips without pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother has a swelling inside her lips. It is not painful, and it is not getting healed. She consulted a doctor. The doctor told that the swelling had occurred due to an allergic reaction. Is it cancer? Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Every swelling is not cancer. It can be a fibroma. It occurs due to trauma or biting lips. The second one is a mucocele. It is a swelling of sebaceous glands. It also occurs due to injury or biting. Both are non-cancerous. Please send a picture of it. So that, I can gui...  Read Full »

What could this mass on top of the intestine be?

Query: Hello doctor,There was something found on top of the intestine that measured 17 x 4 cm. We would like to receive a diagnosis from your doctors. We have attached the reports for your reference. We have known about this diagnosis for about four days. The patient experienced pain in his back, so he wen...  Read Full »

Dr. Chitrangada

Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I evaluated your CT (computed tomography) images (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and found this thin-walled cystic lesion in the right iliac fossa with curvilinear as well as chunky wall calcification arising likely from the ileocecal junction. Prob...  Read Full »

Developed a blister on the lip. What is it?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a blister on the lip, which developed in the morning today. My medical history includes hypothyroidism, and I am on regular medication for the same. Here, I have attached the photo.  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.It looks like a traumatic fluid collection (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Do not worry. It should resolve on its own.Do you have any habit of tobacco chewing?Revert with the details to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/a...  Read Full »

Why did I have a severe headache while flying?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a brain scan, as I had a severe headache when flying recently. The CT scan revealed the following images that I have attached. My GP is not sure what it is and has referred me to a specialist. The waiting period is a few weeks, so I am obviously concerned and stressed. Please, can ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The CT scan (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is suggestive of sinusitis. The images you have sent are not complete. Kindly send more images. With present images, you seem to have a frontal, maxillary, and sphenoid sinusitis, which is giving you headac...  Read Full »

Starting @ just €19.99