Q. Will chiropractic service help alleviate muscle pain?

Dr. Atul Prakash
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 24, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 10, 2020

I met with a car accident three weeks ago. I was injured and had trauma to the chest wall muscles. My chest muscles went into spasm periodically, but has subsided somewhat. My right side lower chest is the only area still hurting. After rest for a long period or sleep, when I activate the muscles in that area I have cramps. My question is, will chiropractic service help alleviate the pain?

#

• Yes, chiropractic service will be helpful.
  • Please make sure that there is no fracture in the spine. I assume that it is negative on the CT of the spine (attachment removed to protect patient identity).
  • Muscle spasm that you are complaining of is protective, but at the same time can become a source of pain as the muscle fatigue out.
  • Manual therapy will help with relieving muscle spasm and local therapy will help reduce pain and allow you to move better.
  • You should add an anti-inflammatory tablet to help along with application of ice locally.
  • Approximately six weeks time since injury should be long enough for you to recover from the injury; however you still occasionally feel the pain of the injury especially if you have been in one position for long or after some work that involves twisting or bending.

1. Take NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) for a couple of weeks.
2. Get myofascial release (MFR) and strengthening.
3. Go with local gel application and ice massage
4. Ultrasound therapy.

For further information consult a chiropractor online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/chiropractor

|