Q. My leg muscles are very sore after I started playing sports. Can you help?

Dr. Lokesh
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 17, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have been playing volleyball, basketball, and athletics for around two weeks, but my leg muscles are still sore. Standing in the same position gives some relief. When someone touches my legs even softly, they ache hard. It is paining around my ankles and knees mainly. With this thing on, I am playing sports continuously. Can you help?

Dr. Lokesh

Orthopedics And Traumatology Spine Health Spine Surgery
#

• The most common reason for muscle cramps and leg pain is either dehydration or electrolyte abnormalities such as abnormally low levels of magnesium, calcium, sodium, or potassium.
  • Without doing blood work, it is hard to say exactly but I would recommend drinking more water and ensuring you eat a healthy diet. Also, start taking a magnesium supplement and a multivitamin.
  • The reasons for electrolyte abnormalities can be from:
  1. Overexercise.
  2. Excessive sweating.
  3. Dehydration
  4. Diabetes.
  5. Alcohol use.
  6. Parathyroid gland problems.
  7. Too little sunlight.
  8. Medications.
  • If it keeps happening even after you are sure you are hydrated and have been taking a magnesium, calcium, and potassium supplement, then you should see a doctor and have these levels checked

This professional advice provided by me stands subject to the actual examination of report/image and is based entirely on inputs provided to me. It should be correlated with clinical findings.

For more information consult an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

| 

Is it safe to take Ovares Plus?

Query: Hi doctor, I am trying to conceive for the last four months. I have consulted my gynecologist and she found that I am having PCOS. She suggested me to take Ovares plus. Is it fine to take?  Read Full »

Please advise non-surgical treatment for lumbar lordosis and disc dehydration.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a back pain which has made me stay in bed for two weeks. Now the pain has reduced but I have very limited movement, just to go to the bathroom but still, there is a pain when I want to stand up. I did the MRI test, the result was showing lumbar lordosis is decreased with scolio...  Read Full »

Can a chiropractor help with muscle pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I met with a car accident three weeks ago. I was injured and had trauma to the chest wall muscles. My chest muscles went into spasm periodically, but has subsided somewhat. My right side lower chest is the only area still hurting. After rest for a long period or sleep, when I activate th...  Read Full »

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now