Q. I have muscle weakness and mild pain on the forearm and hip. What could this be?

I am a 41 year old male. My creatine phosphokinase is mildly elevated. The reports came as 220 twice and as normal thrice. And, there was hemoglobin in my urine test. I constantly have muscle weakness and mild pain on my left side, at the forearm and hip. The weakness started suddenly or probably it was so slow that I did not feel any change during these four years. The symptoms started one day morning when I was 37. I feel the weakness much more in the mornings rather than at nights. What disease could this be?

#

I read your query and understand your concerns about muscle weakness and raised muscle enzymes.

• The probable diagnosis is polymyositis.
  • People with polymyositis have:
  1. A weakness of muscles of the thigh, gluteal muscles, and shoulder girdle.
  2. Raised CPK (creatine phosphokinase) and LDH (lactate dehydrogenase).
  3. An abnormal EMG (electromyogram).
  4. Abnormal muscle biopsy.
  • The presence of all the four makes it a definite diagnosis of polymyositis.
  • I suggest you go for an EMG, so that we get a clarity.

For more information consult a rheumatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/rheumatologist

|