Q. Does intake of Naproxen cause problems in heart?

Dr. Farhana Yasmin
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 18, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 09, 2021

I was advised to take Naproxen 500 mg twice a day. But I use to take a tablet only once in two to three days while having pain in my elbows and shoulder. I read online about a side effect of Naproxen. Does taking Naproxen is bad for heart? Is it safe to take Naproxen? I also take Lansoprazole 15 mg in the morning. I am taking Naproxen on and off for a year while having pain. I am not taking it regularly.

#

Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, you will not any bad effects on the heart due to intake of Naproxen as you are a young adult. Please mention whether you had any heart problems previously. If you do not have it, then you can take Naproxen while having pain with anti-ulcerant coverage. You can take Lansoprazole 15 mg twice daily in the morning and night. But if you are taking it once a day, then you can take Lansoprazole 30 mg once a day.

I do not have any heart issues. I had an ECG six weeks back and it was normal. I take them only for having relief from pain. I am not taking them regularly.

# Hi,

I am happy to hear about your normal ECG (electrocardiogram) findings. Taking a pain relief medication irregularly will not cause any harm to you. As you are anxious about your health condition, you may require an anti-anxiety drug. You can take tablet Klonopin 0.5 mg (Clonazepam) at night while you become anxious.

|