Q. How to get rid of nasal polyps in both the nostrils?

Dr. Mohammad Rajja

I have an ear, nose, and throat infection. I took antibiotics for the sinus infection with no benefits. And I have a polyp in my left nostril, which I noticed over a year ago. I visited a doctor for it, but she could not comment on the polyp due to the infection, but she said I might need to deal with it in the future. Also, I think I have a small polyp in the right nostril as well. I started working at a children's nursery for a year and a half, where I contracted respiratory and chest infections one after the other between one week and eight weeks intervals. I also suffered from folate deficiency and was given Metafolin.

I had COVID twice this year; the recent infection was last month. Due to the recent COVID infection, I can barely breathe, and now I have a new infection. I can see brown secretions and swollen glands, and I have a sore throat and earache on my left side. Also, I feel sweaty and feel like a marble is stuck in my left nostril. However, I sneeze often and cannot sleep as both nasal passages are blocked at night.

Please help me find a solution to this.

#

I went through your query and understood your concern.

I suggest you to follow the instructions mentioned below,

1. Take Azithromycin (antibiotic) 500 mg one tablet orally once daily for five days.

2. Take Levofloxacin (antibiotic) 500 mg one tablet orally every 12 hours for five days.

Consult with a specialist, talk to them and take the medications with their consent.

Kindly follow up if you have more doubts.

Take care.

Thank you for your reply.

Can I get a prescription?

Please advice.

#

I have mentioned the medications to be taken earlier. So, kindly consult with a specialist, talk to them and take the medications with their consent.

|