Q. What is the reason for nausea, chest pain and dizziness during periods?

This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 12, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am 37 years old. My height is 5'4" and weight is 250 lbs. I have 4 kids. I am having high blood pressure and also suffering from migraines. I am currently on my periods. I woke up this morning about 6:30 AM and was fine. I started feeling tired when I drove my daughter to work at almost 12 and when I got home I started feeling sick. I felt uncomfortable with my stomach, dizzy and like I had to vomit. Then, my heart felt like it hurt. I ended up vomiting, but I still feel sick and my chest hurts on and off. I am also getting like a hunger pain, but I am not hungry. I tried to vomit again, but nothing happened. I do not feel any shortness of breath, sweating or any other pain anywhere else. I am currently on Propranolol-ER 60 mg and Losartan HCT 12.5 mg.

#

• This could be either due to your periods. If you had similar symptoms during your cycle is in the past, then it is most likely breast tenderness and alteration in hormones causing nausea.
  • However, keeping in mind that you have high blood pressure I would still like to rule out angina.
  • Visit your doctor as soon as possible or in an emergency room or urgent care center. You would need an EKG of your heart and also the cardiac enzymes (blood tests) to rule out angina.
  • Again, it would be highly recommended that you see your primary care physician and a consideration of getting a right upper quadrant ultrasound would be beneficial. If the pain has no relationship with food, then queued cholecystitis can be easily ruled out.

For further doubts consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|