Q. What are the possible causes of chronic neck pain that lasts for months?

Dr. Atul Prakash

For the past six months, I have been experiencing neck pain daily. Some days are more complex than others. On most days, I only notice the pain when I tilt my head back. On other days, I can feel the pain regardless of where my head is. I have never had a history of any accident. I am not sure what is causing my persistent neck pain. I have recently had a lot of blood tests done, including vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, thyroid, and so on. The results of the tests were normal. What are the possible causes of this neck pain?

#

I understand your concern.

I want to learn more about you and your problem. You have not stated your age, profession, or medical history. Is the pain radiating into your arms, and do you feel any weakness or numbness in your hands? How would you rate the pain on a scale of 1 to 10? What medications have you been taking, and what was the outcome? Is the pain localized to a specific location? If so, have you had any physiotherapy?

This is because age, posture, and your profession play a role in cervical spondylosis (a general term for age-related wear and tear affecting the spinal disks in your neck). Have you taken any X-ray or an MRI (Magnetic resonance imaging) of your neck? If all of your blood tests are normal, please provide me with the answers to these questions so I can provide you with better solutions.

|