Q. What treatment should I get for nerve root compression?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 29, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 02, 2021

I am suffering from L5-S1 nerve root compression issue. I have been given an epidural injection, but it does not work correctly. I am getting substantial pain all over my right leg. The pain is very severe. I am unable to walk or sit at all. I also went through SNRB and epidural steroid injection but that did not work. Now, I am having huge sciatica pain. What treatment should I get for quick recovery?

#

We are here to help you.

• I understand such radicular pain is very troublesome. For pain, I advise the following. Kindly consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.
  1. A combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamin.
  2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area and apply Diclofenac ointment locally.
  3. To get physiotherapy done particularly ultrasonic heat massage.
  4. SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) like Duloxetine helps in long term. Tramadol can be taken for pain relief.
  • But, if the nerve compression is very severe, causing motor weakness and tingling on any side of the body, then surgical intervention would be required.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|