Q. What is the cause and treatment for nightfall?

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 14, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 18, 2018

I have nightfall thrice a week. There is heavy pain all over the body. I cannot improve my body even after going to a gym.

#

Nightfall is a very common phenomenon and almost more than 80 percent of men experience it in their lifetime. It is more common during adolescence period as the hormone level is higher at this point of time. There is nothing abnormal if you have nightfall and do not get disturbed by this. The frequency of your nightfall is a little bit higher but, it will be normal after a few episodes.

Nightfall usually occurs during the rapid eye movement phase of sleep. It does not cause any health issues and it will not have negative consequences on your health, so do not get worried about it.

Keep doing regular exercise and go to a gym regularly, your body will get improved definitely. Pain all over the body is common after you start going to exercise or gym and it will be there for a week. Take a bath before going to bed, it will reduce the frequency of nightfall.

For more information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Please give me some medications as I am suffering from nightfall for the past one year.

#

Drugs from SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) group can be used for these situations. I recommend capsule Fluoxetine 20 mg daily in the morning or tablet Paroxetine 10 mg in the night.

|