Q. When I make up in the night, I notice hard erection. Is it anything wrong with my organ?

Dr. K V Anand

I did a penile doppler test. The report says there is no evidence of calcification or irregularity. In the flaccid state, I had an artery diameter of 0.7 mm with a baseline flow of 5 cm per second. After taking Sildenafil, I had a diameter of 1.4 mm with PSV of 32 cm per second (though the organ was not fully erect). An absence of end-diastolic velocity was noted with diastolic reversal during peak erection, and it suggests a normal response. The doctor told me that the organ is normal. I am bit worried. I am fit and physically active. When I waked up in the night, I had hard erections many times. Is it anything wrong in my organ? I use to watch a lot of porn. Please suggest.

Dr. K V Anand

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Sexology
#

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your penile doppler test is normal as per the result. All the other parameters are normal. You do not need to worry. Please tell me the age. Watching porn and masturbation is common with 99 % youngsters, and it is not harmful or unhealthy. It becomes anxiety provoking and stress provoking if it becomes a habit. The habit does not have any direct impact on your sexual health.

Your hard erections suggest that your sexual health is perfect. Please tell me how many times you had experienced erectile dysfunctions, premature ejaculation in the past one year. Please say about the count of masturbation you do every day. Please tell whether you had any sex with a sex worker. Please mention whether you have sex with your life partner.

| 

As my doppler is normal, does my peak velocity is sufficient? I am unable to convince myself about my doppler results. But yes, I have adequate hard erections at night. I have tried to engage in sexual activity with a sex worker for a few times. But I do not have a hard erection at that time. Last year, it happened for two times.

I am 29 years old, and I go to the gym regularly for at least three to four times a week. I am unmarried right now but planning to get married next year. I was a heavy porn user, and I used to masturbate two to three times daily with porn. Also, my organ does not get fully hard while masturbating, but, while on seeing porn, it gets very hard.

Dr. K V Anand

#

Frequent masturbation is energy consuming and tiresome. Reduce the frequency. It is usually tough to get a hard erection with sex workers due to fear and anxiety about STD and HIV. Your concern could have affected the erection. But you started worrying about your organ and erection. I think that the worry created further problems.

| 

As per your analysis, my doppler results are perfectly fine, and there is nothing wrong with my organ right. I mean that I do not need to worry about my doppler results anymore right. Is it psychological?

Dr. K V Anand

#

Yes, it is psychological. There is nothing to worry. Please send your doppler report.

| 

I have attached the reports.

Dr. K V Anand

#

Your doppler result says that the hard erection is achieved with a peak flow of 32. It is above normal. The blood flow and erection capacity are perfect. Your problem is psychological. Have a counseling and therapy techniques to overcome your psychological ED. Your sexual ability is good.

| 

Thank you for the response.

Dr. K V Anand

Will Masturbation cause Premature Ejaculation

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old unmarried male. I am suffering from premature ejaculation. I am masturbation from 13 years od age using sex toys. I am not lasting more than two minutes. I am taking antidepressants and doing squeeze technique. But, it does not help me. Kindly suggest medicine for prema...  Read Full »

Obesity - What You Need to Know Before Planning a Regime to Lose Weight?

Article Overview: This article discusses about the fundamentals of planning a healthy weight loss.  Read Article

Dr. Saumya Mittal
General Medicine Physician

Most obese patients lose the will to try to lose weight because they feel that it is not going to help them much. They suspect that the small weight losses that they have are not worth the effort. This is however not true. Even those small weight losses help relax the blood pressure, helps relieve s...  Read Article

How to overcome low sex drive?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 31 years old and I am regular with exercise. My height is 5'8" and weight is 73 kg. My body fat percentage is 17. I used to do weight lifting. Over the last two months, I am having problem with my erection and sex drive. I am not getting that urge as I used to get before and I am not...  Read Full »

Miscarriage
This article provides you with all the information that you should be knowing about miscarriage. Although this is an emo...  Read more»

Ask a Sexologist Now