Q. Does Troynuron SR tablet have side effects?

Dr. Murali R
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am 52 years old, and I am hypertensive for the past 12 years and diabetic for the past seven years. I am using Tozaar 50, one tablet for my hypertension and Amaryl 1 mg, half tablet before break fast and half tablet before dinner, for my diabetes. Of late, during intercourse, I am not able to sustain an erection. But erections during sleep is good. I am unable to enjoy as I used to earlier. My doctor advised using Troynuron SR. I am afraid of using this with an apprehension of side effects. Please suggest me what can I take to enjoy my family life as earlier. I go for walking and do yoga regularly for maintaining my sugar levels, and they are under control. The fasting reading will usually be 125, and rarely if I neglect walking due to any reason, the reading will be 135. Post prandial level is always normal. Blood pressure is always 130/85.

Dr. Murali R

#

• Troynuron SR tablet is a multivitamin combination of Methylcobalamin and Folate. It is used to treat neuropathy. There is no need to fear about its side effects.
  • Keep sugars under good control.
  • The treatment of erectile dysfunction is Sildenafil 50 mg tab one hour before sex, for one week. Based on the response, a maintenance dose of 25 mg one hour before sex can be taken.
  • Do not use Sildenafil with nitrate drugs as headache is a common side effect.

Any further queries, I will be happy to help you.

For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Thank you very much for your reply. Please suggest which is better, Troynuron or Sildenafil 25 mg to overcome this problem? And, can you please suggest me the name of the medicine for Sildenafil 25 mg?

Dr. Murali R

#

• Erectile dysfunction is due to uncontrolled sugars and neuropathy.
  • Troynuron SR is a multivitamin which may prevent the progression of neuropathy. It is more for prevention rather than cure.
  • The treatment of erectile dysfunction is Sildenafil. They are marketed under different brand names such as Silagra or Progra. To get quick response use Silagra.

|