Q. The teeth that was bent during ortho treatment return again to same position. What should I do?

Dr. Varun Pratap Singh
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

I had two upper premolars removed during my ortho treatment and the front two teeth bent inward. The new doctor corrected it, but now the same thing is happening again. Why?

Do you have a question on Orthodontic Relapse or Premolar Extraction?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Varun Pratap Singh

MDS ORTHODONTICS ., BDS., PHD ORTHODONTICS ., PGDFO
Orthodontist

Removing upper premolars is a part of orthodontic treatment if space requirements make it mandatory. This is done to take back your forwardly placed front teeth. The doctor should maintain the inclinations of the front teeth while taking them back. Failure of which leads to the appearance of teeth being tilted inwards since it is corrected now nothing to worry. I hope the space closure went well for you. I hope that answers the query.

Good and Bad Regarding Orthodontic Treatment

Article Overview: Crooked teeth can be esthetically disturbing. Orthodontic treatment can make your smile beautiful. Read the article to know the pros and cons of this treatment. Read Article

Dr. Naveen Thomas
Orthodontist

An orthodontic treatment (wire braces) is a dental treatment done for a patient to get an aesthetic facial apperance while maintaining the intraoral gum health. Presently we are witnessing numerous patients who after completing the treatment complain of periodontitis (gum problem in which loosening ...  Read Article

How to correct teeth length with veneers?

Query: Hi doctor, My two front teeth are much longer than the adjacent ones. For braces, I will have to remove four teeth, which I am not in favor and grinding will remove much of enamel layer. I have heard about porcelain veneers and composite bonding techniques for altering the shape of teeth. What shoul...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the photograph you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and I found that your front two teeth look bigger, but it is not, though. They are slightly forward from the dental arch (protruding front). By the law of nature, all the four front te...  Read Full

I have started to get space between teeth after orthodontic treatment. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I had braces on my teeth when I was 15 years old. Now I am 24 and I can see a lot of gaps developing between my teeth. Should I put on braces again or is there any alternative option that I should choose?  Read Full >>

Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You must not go for conventional orthodontic braces treatment for such gaps, instead, you should go for clear or invisible aligners orthodontic treatment for it. In it you do not have to get bracketing done but only an invisible tray will be given to wear that will clos...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now