Q. What are the treatment options for a person with orthodontic relapse?

Dr. Krishna Swaroop Achanta

I have had braces for three years, and the gaps appeared again when I discontinued the retainer. So, I underwent tooth-bonding, but within a year, it chipped. Do I have to wear braces for the second time?

#

I can understand your concern, and I will answer all your doubts. But, first, I want to clarify if only the composite has chipped off or if you have to wear braces again because you discontinued the retainer treatment the first time. To bridge the gap between your teeth, I recommend some aligners that you can order online. But only re-composite fillings can give you the same issue again because, with age, the gaps will start reforming as the bone tends to be pushed apart without the retainer support. I will give you two strategies for treatment. One is without braces and one with braces. So you can decide on what you have to go ahead with at your place after discussing your options, expectations, and medical, orthodontic, and dental history with me.

|