Q. Every time my partner tries to penetrate me, it hurts too much. Please.

Dr. C Sharath Kumar
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 01, 2020 and last reviewed on: Feb 18, 2021

I am a female. I find it very hard when my boyfriend tries to do penetration in me. I have much pain and it seems like a big stone is present on me. Please help me.

#

You can have a tight vagina resulting in dyspareunia. A tight or narrow vagina causes pain or discomfort during sex. If there is pain or difficulty in penetration, then it can occur due to inadequate stimulation and arousal. Pain during penetration can occur due to tight hymen, infection, injury, or congenital abnormality. Medication can be taken to treat the pain due to infection. If the medication causes vaginal dryness, then it needs to be changed or stopped. Topical estrogen helps women having vaginal dryness due to low estrogen levels.

Ospemifene 60 mg can be taken for women having moderate to severe dyspareunia due to menopause. Learning some techniques helps to relax vaginal muscles and decreases the pain. Some lifestyle changes can be helpful for painful intercourse. Water-based personal lubricants can be used. You can try for longer foreplay by communicating with your partner. Have a comfortable sexual position.

Have good genital hygiene and safe sex. Having regular medical checkups helps to prevent genital and urinary infections that cause painful intercourse. Kegel exercises are useful to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles. They relieve vaginismus. Squeeze and hold the muscles for ten seconds and then relax them for ten seconds. Repeat it ten times and do it three times a day. It is good to do deep breathing techniques while doing kegel. Diet and yoga help a lot.

You can apply Lignocaine gel over the vagina fifteen minutes before the intercourse.

|