Q. I have discomfort and pain during ejaculation. Could it be due to prostatitis?

Dr. Devendra

I am having a discomfort and mild pain during ejaculation. I was diagnosed as having chronic prostatitis with seminal vesiculitis, and I was put on Quinolones for three months and an alpha-blocker (Alfuzosin) for five months. The urinary symptoms completely resolved, but discomfort and pain in the right inguinal region during ejaculation still persisted. My semen analysis, semen culture, trans rectal ultrasound are normal. Kindly opine.

#

Welcome to icliniq.com.

• As your urinary symptoms have resolved, and pain during ejaculation is localized to the inguinal region, it is very likely to be a muscular pain of the cremaster. This muscle suspends the testis, and contracts during ejaculation, more strongly in young men. Tthe pain of prostatitis is also possible, but less likely to be felt in the inguinal region.
  • I suggest you ejaculate at least twice a week.
  • Take tablet Pregabalin 75 mg at bed time for neuropathic pain, and use a loose cotton underwear that supports the testes and prevents the activity of the cremaster.

For further queries consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Thanks for your reply,

I feel discomfort and pain both in the right inguinal region and the upper medial aspect of the thigh. For how many days should I take the tablet Pregabalin? Why do I feel pain only on the right side? And if this pain is due to prostatitis, will it resolve completely over a period of time, or persist life-long? Kindly opine.

#

• You need to take Pregabalin for seven days. Then, based on the benefit, intermittent therapy can be given whenever the pain is really bothersome. A slight discomfort or heaviness may be neglected.
  • For prostatitis, I do not think you require any long-standing therapy. Get a pre and post prostatic massage urine analysis to check if it is really prostatitis.
  • Perform Moolbandh Pranayam to help with the perineal muscle problems.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|