Q. Penetration of any kind hurts me. Please help.

This is a premium question & answer published on May 09, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 19, 2020

I am having pain during sex. Penetration of any kind hurts me. The most painful are the inner lips especially on the right side. I get burning sensation inside too, but not very high. I had some bleeding last night and it stopped fairly quickly. We were not being rough either. I am on Depo-Provera shot. I think that I might have vulvodynia. But, I have pain inside too. Please help.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I have seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) that you have attached.

• There is loss of rugosity of the right labia majora and minora indicating that there is an inflammation. It was indicated by the shiny nature of the majora and minora on the right as compared to the left.
  • The pain and burning sensation which extends inside while stimulation during sex indicates spread of infection inside vagina, known as vulvovaginitis.
  • You need to be placed on a course of antibiotics with both gram positive plus negative and anaerobic cover for a week.
  • I suggest you tablet Oflox-OZ (combination of Ofloxacin 200 mg and Ornidazole 500 mg) twice a day for seven days and use Vagisil vaginal wash twice a day for the next one week. You may get them prescribed by your PCP (primary care physician).
  • Try to get a swab culture done and isolate the organism. Then you can get started on antibiotics.
  • I have advised you the empirical treatment and you should be benefitted from this.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|