Q. Why do I have pain during sex with vaginal itching and cheesy-white discharge?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

I am experiencing pain during sex with stomach pain, pain before I fart, bloating, and delayed periods. I consulted a doctor and did an ultrasound. The results show a right-side ovarian cyst measuring 5.3 x 3.3 cm. High vaginal swab result shows scanty staphylococcus infection. I took tablet Augmentin, Flagyl, and pain reliever, which stopped the symptoms. And currently, I am using Ciprofloxacin for staphylococcus infection. But still, I am having vulva itching and cheese-like discharge with a mild right-side abdominal pain.

Thanks.

#

Welcome to ilciniq.com.

I have gone through your history, and I can understand your concerns. Your symptoms are suggestive of vaginitis. It is mainly due to fungal infections caused by antibiotics. So, kindly keep the area dry and clean, drink a lot of warm water, maintain a soft diet, and use a topical antifungal cream.

Your abdominal pain could be due to gastritis or cysts. So, I suggest you take antacids and analgesics for the same.

Thanks for the reply.

Is the size of my ovarian cyst size concerning? Also, I do not want to take drugs as I have taken a lot of drugs in the last two weeks.

Thanks.

#

The size of your ovarian cyst is less than 6 cm, and it is not causing any symptoms. So, you do not need any medications, and you need not worry about it.

|