Q. I am still worried about the vaginitis that I got due to NuvaRing, two years back. Please help.

Dr. Garima Sawhney
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 23, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My problem has resolved, but I am still worried. Two years ago, I was on NuvaRing, and I was getting multiple yeast infections. I went to a couple of doctors, and they said it was yeast and also vaginitis. After months of itching and at times white curdy discharge, I was getting a red rash outside my vagina, which looked like jock itch. I was getting tears inside and outside the vagina. I stopped using NuvaRing, and I got an IUD. After the IUD, my symptoms went away, and I have not had any issues for years. I am worried now. Do you think it could be something else besides yeast?

#

• It might be due to an allergy to the ring and had lead to some infection.
  • What you can do at present are two tests called high vaginal swab culture and sensitivity, which is tell us whether any infection is there at present or not. In case if it is there, it will show the type of infection it is and what medicines will work on it.

Thanks.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Thank you for replying. Should I be worried about any STI? I am fine now, no issues whatsoever.

#

• I do not think that you have STI (sexually transmitted infection). But just to be sure, I suggest you get the following tests done:
  1. HPV (human papillomavirus) DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) test.
  2. VDRL (venereal diseases research laboratory).
  3. HIV (human immunodeficiency virus).
  4. HBsAg (hepatitis B surface antigen).

Revert with more information to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|