Q. Why has my left testicle grown big after injection of fat into penis?

I had a scrotoplasty and liposuction on lower stomach and inner thighs for injecting of fat into the penis. I have had symptoms of pain as I stand. When blood rushes to the genitals, the pain starts to build to the point where I need to lie down. When I lie down the pain goes. While feeling my scrotum, I noticed that the left testicle has grown and is hard since the operation. Maybe two inches long by 1.5 inches wide. It is not painful to touch. I have had no fever or vomiting. I am on anti-inflammatory, antibiotics, and Endone. I am not sure about testicle whether it is edema, orchitis or something else. I am wondering what my next step should be?

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

Considering the absence of symptoms like fever, tenderness, and pain on touching, we can be certain that there is no inflammatory process going on.

Likely cause for your pain can be altered anatomical orientation of structures which are causing stretch of skin and compression of testicles. This is probably the cause of pain. This should settle with time as you gradually resume your activities. However, next appropriate step is to get it examined by a doctor and confirm the cause of pain. If something is there on examination, then you may need an ultrasound.

You should try to start gradually mobilizing yourself, initially just stand for some time, then walk for some time then stop and this should resolve progressively. So just get it examined once by the doctor to be assured. If the testicle is hard as you mentioned, then you need an ultrasound of the testes.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Based on that absence of symptoms, I guess there is no infection, right?

A couple of questions, why would the testicle increase so much in size (three times bigger than normal)? Is it fluid, adenoma or just something else? How long will it take for the testicle to reduce in size?

#

I also need to know the details of the surgery. Please upload the discharge summary or operative notes, if there. Please let me know the indication of which scrotoplasty was done as it is done for multiple reasons.

Few more questions, is it still growing in size or stable after the surgery? Normally, the adult testis may lengthen up to 5 cm and width 4 cm, so it is falling into higher normal range. If it has reached its maximum size immediately after surgery and then stable, then it is likely to be due to changed position.

But, if it is growing continuously then usually causes are infection, inflammation due to the operation, but it would cause rest pain and tenderness. Painless enlargement is due to malignancy, but not a setting for this. But it is not wise to comment at this stage. The examination will be crucial, and if needed, ultrasound may be helpful.

|