Q. Is it normal to have palpitations with high blood pressure?

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M

Do you have a question on Palpitations or High Blood Pressure? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am 18 years old and I have started to struggle with palpitations. When I was around 12 I started having high blood pressure and since then it has not stopped. I have gotten many tests done for my heart and all have turned out normal, but I am still concerned. I do have a poor diet and I am not very active. Could this be causing my heart problem or could it be something more worse?