Q. I got pap smear done for irregular bleeding. Kindly help me with the reports.

Dr. Rakesh Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 12, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 25, 2020

I had irregular bleeding for eight weeks. Since ten days it is better. Please examine my pap smear report and HPV report. I got it done as there was irregular bleeding. I have PCOD and diabetes. Currently, I am taking Metformin XR 850 mg. Please let me know whether all looks fine.

#

I went through all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and they all are fine.

• I really do not understand why you are worried.  I do not know the reason why you got these tests done in first place.
  • Do you have any symptoms? Your doctor also must have explained to you.
  • Vaginal bleeding can occur due to variety of reasons in any female. Follow your doctor's advice.

Revert back with the asked answers to a medical oncologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-oncologist

I got the pap smear done as they said one should get it done once in five years. Now the bleeding has also stopped. So, hope everything is fine. I was just concerned about the neutrophils in the smear. Thanks.

#

• Nothing to worry. Just relax and enjoy life. Neutrophils are normal blood cells.

For further information consult a medical oncologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-oncologist

|