Q. How can I eat normally and regain the weight lost due to Parkinson's disease?

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka

I was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease three years ago, and since then, I have hated food. I have lost my appetite, and even the thought of food makes me lose my mind. Is this due to Parkinson's disease? I have already lost 10 kilograms due to this. When will I be able to regain it and eat normally?

#

Your symptoms are not suggestive of Parkinson's disease but could be related to the adverse effects of Levodopa. Another possible issue to be considered is malabsorption. For this reason, I suggest you undergo a fibrogastroscopy and check your vitamin B12, plasma levels, and thyroid hormone levels.

|