Q. I have irregular periods and diagnosed with PCOD and enlarged ovaries. Please help.

Answered by
Dr. Deepti Kurmi
and medically reviewed by Dr. Vinodhini. J
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 25, 2020

Hello doctor,

I am recently diagnosed with PCOS. I have done two USG, first 3 months ago and second today. In the second USG, the ovaries are enlarged. What to do? I do not know, I have heard there is no cure for it. I am on pathyapathya for the last three months and also on Kuberaksha vati 2 pills a day after I have done my first sonography for irregular periods. Please help.



Welcome to

I can understand your problem. It is a hormonal disturbance aggravated by environmental factors. PCOD (polycystic ovary syndrome) can be controlled and life long it will not cause any problems.

There are some ways to control it. Do daily exercise, avoid junk food, a healthy balanced diet, proper sleep, and no stress.

Medicine is the second line of treatment. If you have not got your periods for two months, then I am prescribing you medicine to get periods. But before starting medicine make sure you are not pregnant. You have not mentioned your marriage history. If you are married, then do a pregnancy test before starting the medicine. Otherwise start medicine from tomorrow. Take it for five days, periods will come after five to six days from the last dose.

Thank you doctor,

I am not married. I got my periods as I have taken Ayurvedic medicine. Period date is yet to come but my periods are not regular. I want medicine for that it is not irregular from starting. Shall I take every food, since my doctor said about PCOD they said do not eat fatty food. So I do not eat it and have not drink any milk or sugary food from three months. Do I able to eat everything or can I make my ovaries of normal size?



Welcome back to

In that case, you need to start on pills. You have to take it from day 3 or 4 of menses for 21 days. Do not stop in between. Once you complete 21 days course, your periods will come in four or five days.

Follow up during periods. Accordingly, we will decide how long to continue the medicine. For now, wait for your periods, and then when you get periods start the medicine which I am prescribing you now.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
What causes irregular periods with pain in a 52-year-old female?

.. history, it is obvious that your mother definitely have to go through the operation and remove the uterus. But one thing is that there is nothing I found like ovarian tumor or something like that in USG (attachment removed to protect patient iden...   Read full

Will my PCOD get cured with homeopathy treatment?

.. can be continued for a minimum of 3 months and to a maximum of 6 months. The heat and pimples might be due to PCOD itself. Some people develop flatulence (gas trouble) due to Kalarchi choornam. This can be prevented by consuming the drug along wit...   Read full

Can I get pregnant with an endometrial thickness of 5 mm?

But this effect is seen lesser with Clomiphene citrate (Clomid) ...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Monkeypox Virus - Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, Complications, and Prevention
Monkeypox is a zoonotic viral disease. This virus got its name as it was first noticed in laboratory monkeys in the late...  Read more»
Tomato Fever - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Tomato fever is an unidentified and fast-spreading type of viral infection seen in young children. Scroll down to know m...  Read more»
Histrionic Personality Disorder - Causes, Signs, Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment
Histrionic personality disorder causes variations in the thinking ability of a person. Read this article to know more.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.