Q. I have irregular periods and diagnosed with PCOD and enlarged ovaries. Please help.

Dr. Deepti Kurmi

I am recently diagnosed with PCOS. I have done two USG, first 3 months ago and second today. In the second USG, the ovaries are enlarged. What to do? I do not know, I have heard there is no cure for it. I am on pathyapathya for the last three months and also on Kuberaksha vati 2 pills a day after I have done my first sonography for irregular periods. Please help.

#

I can understand your problem. It is a hormonal disturbance aggravated by environmental factors. PCOD (polycystic ovary syndrome) can be controlled and life long it will not cause any problems.

There are some ways to control it. Do daily exercise, avoid junk food, a healthy balanced diet, proper sleep, and no stress.

Medicine is the second line of treatment. If you have not got your periods for two months, then I am prescribing you medicine to get periods. But before starting medicine make sure you are not pregnant. You have not mentioned your marriage history. If you are married, then do a pregnancy test before starting the medicine. Otherwise start medicine from tomorrow. Take it for five days, periods will come after five to six days from the last dose.

I am not married. I got my periods as I have taken Ayurvedic medicine. Period date is yet to come but my periods are not regular. I want medicine for that it is not irregular from starting. Shall I take every food, since my doctor said about PCOD they said do not eat fatty food. So I do not eat it and have not drink any milk or sugary food from three months. Do I able to eat everything or can I make my ovaries of normal size?

#

In that case, you need to start on pills. You have to take it from day 3 or 4 of menses for 21 days. Do not stop in between. Once you complete 21 days course, your periods will come in four or five days.

Follow up during periods. Accordingly, we will decide how long to continue the medicine. For now, wait for your periods, and then when you get periods start the medicine which I am prescribing you now.

|