Q. I had a penile injury that resulted in temporary erectile dysfunction. Please help.

Dr. Devendra
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 06, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I had a penile injury that resulted in temporary erectile dysfunction. My penis seems to be working somewhat normally now, after about two weeks. It is still painful. There is a small indent on the underside of my penis that was not there before. I went to a doctor, and he said it was not Peyronie's disease. However, he did not look thoroughly. Additionally, the small indent is only visible when the penis is erect. I am attaching a picture for better understanding. I am young, so the doctor Peyronie's disease was probably not likely. I would like to know if this is just simple soft tissue damage that will correct itself, or if it is Peyronie's disease. What sorts of treatments should I be seeking?

#

• At the time of penile injury, was there any blood collection and swelling in that area? What kind of persistent pain you have? How is your erection now?
  • From the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it looks like you have a normal erection, which is slightly bent. A small depression is seen on the ventral side.
  • With this appearance of the erect penis, it looks to be normal. Avoid aggressive bending of erect penis during sexual intercourse or masturbation. Do not use rings at the base of the penis. The appearance of the penis is usually not a well-finished cylinder, but small irregularities like this are common.

Revert with more information to a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Thank you for the quick reply. At the time of penile injury, there was no blood collection, but the veins in the area clumped together to form a soft superficial bump. The bump moves freely and seems to be a swollen vein. The pain is not constant, but I have a dull pain in the area of the indent. The pain has moved around since the injury, and it seems to have settled the last few days in this indented area. The image is not of my fully erect penis. The indent is more pronounced when 100 % erect. The indent was not noticed before the injury, and it showed up on the last day. 

I understand the penis shape is not a well-finished cylinder, but the pain is right where the newly noticed indent is. My erection is still not back to complete normalcy. It does not last as long and requires more stimulation. It has improved over the last week, but not 100 % normal. Pain is present after ejaculation or erection. Is sexual intercourse fine? Or should I avoid any type of sexual contact for another few weeks or months?

#

• You must have sustained a bending stress while having sex causing this dull ache. At present, just observe for few more days and see how things settle.
  • It is perfectly acceptable to have sexual intercourse now. Give a gap of at least 3 to 4 days till it is painful. Avoid bending of erect or partially erect penis unnaturally.
  • If you are having difficulty with erection, then I suggest trying Tadalafil 5 mg, two times a week for temporary use. For pain, try Aceclofenac and Chymoral forte (Trypsin and Chymotrypsin). Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Thank you for replying. I understood what you said. There is a weird new shape when the penis is getting erect, but not fully. It is constricted around the indent, and the glands are pointing to the left, while the shaft has shifted pointing to the right. Please see the attached pictures. This was not present before the injury. Full erection seems reasonably straight and does not seem out of the ordinary for the most part. Is there any reason to believe this may be the acute stage of Peyronie's disease?

#

Welcome back to icliniq.com.

• I would not say that it is an acute stage of Peyronie's disease. Partial erection does not have any significance regarding the direction or shape of your penis.
  • Since your erect penis is normal, just rest assured that it is normal. You can have normal sexual intercourse.

For further queries consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|