Q. I had a penile injury that resulted in temporary erectile dysfunction. Please help.

Answered by
Dr. Devendra
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 06, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Hi doctor,

I had a penile injury that resulted in temporary erectile dysfunction. My penis seems to be working somewhat normally now, after about two weeks. It is still painful. There is a small indent on the underside of my penis that was not there before. I went to a doctor, and he said it was not Peyronie's disease. However, he did not look thoroughly. Additionally, the small indent is only visible when the penis is erect. I am attaching a picture for better understanding. I am young, so the doctor Peyronie's disease was probably not likely. I would like to know if this is just simple soft tissue damage that will correct itself, or if it is Peyronie's disease. What sorts of treatments should I be seeking?



Welcome to

  • At the time of penile injury, was there any blood collection and swelling in that area? What kind of persistent pain you have? How is your erection now?
  • From the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it looks like you have a normal erection, which is slightly bent. A small depression is seen on the ventral side.
  • With this appearance of the erect penis, it looks to be normal. Avoid aggressive bending of erect penis during sexual intercourse or masturbation. Do not use rings at the base of the penis. The appearance of the penis is usually not a well-finished cylinder, but small irregularities like this are common.

Revert with more information to a urologist online -->

Hi doctor,

Thank you for the quick reply. At the time of penile injury, there was no blood collection, but the veins in the area clumped together to form a soft superficial bump. The bump moves freely and seems to be a swollen vein. The pain is not constant, but I have a dull pain in the area of the indent. The pain has moved around since the injury, and it seems to have settled the last few days in this indented area. The image is not of my fully erect penis. The indent is more pronounced when 100 % erect. The indent was not noticed before the injury, and it showed up on the last day. 

I understand the penis shape is not a well-finished cylinder, but the pain is right where the newly noticed indent is. My erection is still not back to complete normalcy. It does not last as long and requires more stimulation. It has improved over the last week, but not 100 % normal. Pain is present after ejaculation or erection. Is sexual intercourse fine? Or should I avoid any type of sexual contact for another few weeks or months?



Welcome back to

  • You must have sustained a bending stress while having sex causing this dull ache. At present, just observe for few more days and see how things settle.
  • It is perfectly acceptable to have sexual intercourse now. Give a gap of at least 3 to 4 days till it is painful. Avoid bending of erect or partially erect penis unnaturally.
  • If you are having difficulty with erection, then I suggest trying Tadalafil 5 mg, two times a week for temporary use. For pain, try Aceclofenac and Chymoral forte (Trypsin and Chymotrypsin). Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent.

For more information consult a urologist online -->

Hello doctor,

Thank you for replying. I understood what you said. There is a weird new shape when the penis is getting erect, but not fully. It is constricted around the indent, and the glands are pointing to the left, while the shaft has shifted pointing to the right. Please see the attached pictures. This was not present before the injury. Full erection seems reasonably straight and does not seem out of the ordinary for the most part. Is there any reason to believe this may be the acute stage of Peyronie's disease?



Welcome back to

  • I would not say that it is an acute stage of Peyronie's disease. Partial erection does not have any significance regarding the direction or shape of your penis.
  • Since your erect penis is normal, just rest assured that it is normal. You can have normal sexual intercourse.

For further queries consult a urologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
I have a black mark on my penis head, with a reddish-pink mark below it. What to do?

.. your concern. According to the statement, you have a black mark on the penis head. According to the picture, (attachment removed to protect patient identity), you are suffering from penile melanosis. It is a harmless condition characterised by pat...   Read full

The retracted portion of my penis is sensitive. Is there any natural remedy?

.. hypersensitivity of glans penis. Using topical ointments or sprays reduces sensitivity and it has to be used safely on the penis. This helps to reduce the risk of developing premature ejaculation. Using numbing sprays and other products containing...   Read full

Can I take medicines for urinary stone or will it resolve by itself?

Hello doctor, I have a major problem in my toenails. Kindly look at the picture and suggest a treatment.   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Managing Diabetes During Festive Season
All the festivals are indirectly a danger sign for diabetic patients. Read this article to know more about how to handle...  Read more»
What You Should Eat and Drink for A Healthy Life!!
Food is essential for our survival, and what we eat definitely impacts our health. We can easily reduce the risk of many...  Read more»
What Is ADHD and How Is It Managed?
This article discusses ADHD, whether it is a real condition, features of ADHD, how to recognize and manage this common c...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Urologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.