Q. I am having occasional erection problem which lasts less than 10 minutes. Please help.

I am a 31-year-old male. I am married for the last six years. Before getting married, there was an incident where I had a sexual encounter with a girl. However, during this, I had erectile dysfunction. So after about one year, I got married to my long term friend. In the initial three to four months I had issues of not being able to maintain an erection. However, over time we adjusted to a pattern and we got over it after about six months. We have been having frequent sex over the last four to five years. However, throughout this time, maintaining the erection for more than say 10 mins has always been impossible. Recently, I had a sexual encounter with another girl but had a lot of problems in getting the erection and maintaining it. I have a well-built physique and do regular exercise and play games. My weight is 89 kg and height is around 5' 10". I am a heavy nonvegetarian and eat lots of fish, chicken, and beef. After the above incident, I have started doing a bit of diet control along with my regular exercise.

I also have an inguinal hernia over the last few years and I am planning to get it operated soon. I have been thinking of buying Tentex royal but wanted to take advice from you before going ahead with any medication.

#

From your query, I could infer that you had difficulty in getting and maintaining an erection with the new girl only. You were able to have frequent and normal sex with your wife before the encounter with the above said girl. It means that the cause for erectile dysfunction at the incident was due to performance anxiety which is purely situational and psychological. Hence nothing to worry much about physical causes and be relaxed and enjoy your sexual life with your wife and masturbation (once in a while).

I will not recommend any such enhancers like Tentex royal, as it makes you feel that you lost your vigor and you have regain which is not real. What you lost is your confidence which you need to regain. Exercise, yoga, etc., can make you fit which in turn improves your sexual life.

If you are so much worried about physical causes, then you need to do
1. Routine blood and urine test.
2. Serum testosterone (fasting state).
3. FBS (fasting blood sugar) and PPBS (post prandial blood sugar).
4. TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone).
5. Prolactin.
These are basic tests for male dysfunction. Do mention about the frequency of masturbation, erection status during masturbation, early morning erections, etc.

I have attached the test reports as you had asked for. Kindly let me know what you think.

I masturbate weekly once and my erection status during masturbation is very good. I do get early morning erections and in 60% days it is good erection but some days there is no erection.

#

From the above findings, I could infer that you are suffering from psychological and situational erectile dysfunction. The most effective treatment to cure your problem is sex therapy, which include counseling and prescribing erotic exercises as a couple which they need to perform at their privacy.

|