Q. I have sudden indentation on the lower left leg with terrible cramps. What to do?

Dr. Nasir

63 years old, had back injury before 10 years, left partly paralyzed on right side from hips down , just complete 2 years chemo for triple negative breast cancer feeling absolutely fine , suddenly have indentation on outer side of lower left leg terrible cramps under left ankle, should I be concerned . Perhaps nerves are healing ?

#

Hello Ma'am

the symptoms that you are describing Ma'am most likely fall into two big categories

1. it can either be peripheral neuropathy that is causing sensory and motor disturbances. the most common causes of this can be b12 deficiency. The other symptoms that can be present along with this are disturbance of gait that is not being able to walk properly, tingling and numbness at the extremities. there are many other causes of peripheral neuropathy and it has to be evaluated in detail. conduction study can be done on the limb so as to determine what kind of nerve injury is present. any nutritional deficiency can be easily be treated

2. deficiency of calcium also known as hypocalcemia can also present with such cramps. I would advise you to get your calcium levels done. these are the two major causes. there are a lot many causes for such pains. it will have to be evaluated in little more detail Ma'am. Hope I could be of some help. do let me know if you have any more queries

|