Q. I had phenyl and suffering from throat inflammation. Please help.

Dr. Eriol Braholli
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 25, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 11, 2020

I drank about 5 mL of white phenyl disinfectant. Following which I had a headache and took Allegra and Avil tablet. There is inflammation in my throat and ear. Today, I took Pantos tablet, Sucralfate and Oxetacaine suspension and Ultracet. What shall I do now?

#

• Mucosa of upper gastrointestinal and respiratory tract is more sensible to react against chemicals than the stomach. Also, you have protected your stomach somehow by using Allegra (Fexofenadine), Pantos (Pantoprazole) and Sucralfate.
  • Now, I would recommend you to consult an ENT specialist to check your throat and ear tubes.
  • I suggest you take Allegra, Dexamethasone 4 mg twice daily and if your ears or nose feels blocked, then Xylometazoline by nasal drops. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • You would better consult an ENT doctor and a gastroenterologist as soon as possible

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Can I take ayurveda treatment for this?

#

• Yes, you can. But, the medicine suggested above should be taken to prevent obstruction, congestion and fibrosis.
  • Also, specialist consultation must be done to rule out any serious complications.

For further doubts consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|