Q. I am unable to do intercourse as I could not retrct my foreskin. Is circumcision necessary?

Dr. Shazia Anjum

I am 31 years old. I am married for the last two years, but still, I am not successful in doing intercourse with my wife and I am really frustrated. Also, my foreskin on the penis does not draw back when tried. I want your help in doing successful intercourse with my wife. When I consulted a sexologist, he says that I need to do circumcision, as the foreskin does not draw back. When I try to insert the penis, it is not getting inside her vagina, but shrinks and stays at the head of the vagina only. Please help.

Dr. Shazia Anjum

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy
#

I understand your concern. You are having phimosis. In phimosis, the foreskin does not role back and it is difficult to do intercourse. The other thing which can cause foreskin not to roll back are genital candidiasis but as per your description, you are having phimosis.

You should do circumcision, it is the best treatment available and it is very effective. You should consult a general surgeon or urologist, they will do the procedure in your penis. Do not worry circumcision is a minor procedure done under local anesthesia and it is an out patient procedure. It will take only two weeks to recover completely and it will solve your problem permanently and also it will help you to enjoy sex also.

| 

Why am I having phimosis, yellow urine, knee pain, and constipation?

Query: Hello doctor, I have phimosis, yellow urine, knee pain, constipation, and lack of hunger. I am having a digestion problem. For the last three years, I went to so many different doctors but did not recover. And from the past few days, my urine turns yellow, not all the time but most probably. And al...  Read Full »

Why does my foreskin not coming down completely?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old. I am a male. Though I have been having healthy masturbation since past 15 years or more, the head of my penis is visible only a little bit and the foreskin not fully comes down. Will that situation hamper my married life? Having sex with a condom is possible right? ...  Read Full »

Can I have sex with phimosis?

Query: Hi doctor,I have phimosis. I am ashamed to have sex with my fiance. Will sex be a problem or uncomfortable in future? Is there any solution other than surgery?  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now