Q. How to remove pimples and the scars on my face?

Dr. Gaurang Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 30, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 12, 2020

I have lots of pimples and scars on my face. How can I remove it from my face? Please guide me.

#

• Do not use hair oil and avoid oily foods, chocolates and milk products.
  • Do not use any steroid creams. Face wash and soaps are not the treatment and they do not help. Do not touch the acne and avoid pressing it.
  • Regarding treatment of pimple, I suggest Clindamycin (Clintop, Faceclin or Clear gel). This is more of preventive and curative, so I tell patients to use it all over face in the morning and use Adapalene gel (Adapalene or Differin) over acne in the night.
  • I also suggest you to take tablet Doxy (Doxycycline) 100 mg once in a day. Consult your doctor, discuss with him/her and take the medicine with consent.
  • If you have acne marks, avoid direct sunlight exposure as much as you can. Wear sunglass, cap and cover exposed part of your body all the time
  • Use sunscreen thrice in a day such as 10 AM, 12 PM and 3 PM. It has to be applied all over the face. Sunscreen SPF (sun protection factor) should be around 50.
  • Use anti-pigmentation cream over pigmented parts like Kojic acid, Hydroquinone, Depiwhite cream, etc., in the night.
  • Ideal treatment is Glycolic acid peels. Sittings of six to eight peels must be required.
  • Post acne scars are three types. Box scar, ice-pick (pinpoint scars) and rolling scars. Pinpoint scars are difficult to treat while box scars are easy.
  • No cream or tablet can help you out in scars. Best technique is CO2 fractional laser and subscision. It takes five to six sitting, but results are better than any other procedure.
  • Dermaroller and subscision are also other methods, but less effective than the above.
  • Fillers do have hiding effect. It fills the pits and gives impression of fullness and it is not permanent.
  • If scars are not much prominent then peels also could be effective.
  • These are technique you can go through. All procedures take four to five sitting and five to six months for better results.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|