Q. Should I worry when my pimple bursts with yellow colored discharge?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

I had a pimple that bursts. There was a yellow discharge for a few hours but it soon dried out forming a yellow layer around the pimple. Now this yellow layer fell off today, but I can see a thick black layer and no discharge. I do not have any pain around the area. Is this a concern? I have chicken pox as well from the past three days. I am currently taking Acivir 400.

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I have gone through your history and reviewed the attached photograph. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

You have developed pyoderma that is a bacterial infection of the skin. I would suggest you apply topical antibiotic like Mupirocin on this area twice daily and take a short course of Cefixime 200 mg twice daily for five days. Besides this continue with Acivir tablets for chickenpox.

Bacterial infection.

Secondary infection in varicella.

Pyoderma.

As mentioned above.

After five days.

| 

Can I start the treatment from tomorrow as it is late today? Also, the pimple now has turned completely black. I am attaching the picture.

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I have seen the attached photograph. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

It still looks infected. Yes, you can start the treatment from tomorrow.

| 

Article Overview: Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain, and weight loss  Read Article

Dr. Sneha Kannan

What Is Crohn's Disease? Crohn’s disease, otherwise called ileitis or enteritis, causes inflammation of the digestive tract (anywhere from the mouth to the anus) and is a type of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). It causes inflammation of different parts of the digestive tract for different p...  Read Article

Please suggest treatment for pimples on the private parts?

Query: Hi doctor, I found pimples on my private parts yesterday. But, I do not feel any irritation. Please help.  Read Full »

Laser Treatment for Pimples and Pimple Scars

Article Overview: This article will discuss laser treatment for resistant acne, which does not respond to topical therapy. Read Article

Phototherapy, which includes both UVA, UVB and blue-red light is known to have beneficial effects on acne or pimples. Some of the lasers have also been found to be effective in reducing active acne. Active acne means an acne which is red or has pus. The laser is also useful in improving acne sc...  Read Article