Q. Can I get COVID vaccine if I have a regular high temperature at night for one month post COVID?

Dr. Amit Jauhari

I am a 35-year-old female. I was tested positive for COVID-19 one month ago and was hospitalized for six days. After that, I was completely normal and also did a post-COVID health checkup after seven days and was perfectly normal.

But, after COVID, I regularly have a high temperature of 99.0 F to 99.4 F for a few hours at night. I am mentally upset due to this mild fever. Is it a post-COVID effect? Is it a matter of concern? If it is a post-COVID effect, can I recover fully? My second dose of the COVID vaccine was due before 20 days. When can I take my second dose?

Thanks.

#

Your reports are normal (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). The neutrophils are still mildly elevated, and they need time to reduce back to normal levels. You are experiencing post-COVID inflammation, a condition where your body is slowly getting back to normal functions, but some remnants of COVID infection are causing this disturbance.

Do not worry. It solves by itself. Kindly eat healthy food, drink plenty of fluids, meditate, and do mild exercises. The current recommendation for COVID vaccination is you can get vaccinated after 90 days of COVID.

I hope this solves your queries.

Take care.

Thanks for the Reply.I relived a lot from your answers.I want to know this post covid symptom of mild fever normally how many days persist.If this low grade fever exist for say 2/3 months,will it be any harmful to my body in anyway?Last question is about COVID Vaccination. After 90 days of COVID means 90 days from date of positive or from date of covid negative(Although, you have clearly mentioned from covid positive).Isn't this post covid mild fever won't effect the date?
# Dear icliniq user, Post COVID symptoms can last upto 3 months.
At time of Vaccination you should not have fever or any other infection symptoms.
Regards

|