Q. My fiance rubbed his genitals against mine. Should I take an I-pill?

Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Precum or Pregnancy Test? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 24 year old girl. I am a virgin, but I got close to my fiance the day before yesterday (20th day of my menstrual cycle). We did not have intercourse, but our genitals rubbed against each other multiple times. Is there any chance of me getting pregnant? Should I go for an I-pill? Also, if I avoid taking I-pill, can pregnancy be avoided later without going for a surgical abortion, if I come to know after, say, 15 to 20 days? I was reading online about precum and as I mentioned earlier, his genitals touched my genital lips multiple times. Although, ejaculation did not happen anywhere near my vagina and he wiped his penis with a towel. As soon as he wiped himself, we again got closer and our genitals rubbed and touched although there was no intercourse. I am very much afraid that this can result in a pregnancy. Since he just wiped himself with a towel, the microscopic sperm would have been left behind on his tip, which when touched my genital lips could have lead to a pregnancy (or not?).

Also, my periods are about to come in a few days. I am on day-22 of my menstrual cycle. Please confirm, If I get my periods on time this time, will it definitely confirm that there is no pregnancy? This episode happened on the 20th day of my menstrual cycle. Is the egg very fertile on this duration? What do you suggest in this situation? Please let me know clearly. Should I go for an I-pill or Unwanted 72? I am afraid of the side effects. Please revert soon as I am very stressed.