Q. I had a miscarriage last year. What can I do to get pregnant now?

Answered by
Dr. Eeshani Dutta
and medically reviewed by Dr.Nithila A
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 29, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 17, 2020

Hello doctor,

I am 23 years old. Last year I got pregnant but happened miscarriage I do not know why. But last three months I visited a doctor and checked ultrasound my doctor says you have right side ovary cyst 4.4 cm × 4.8 cm fluid and I take citrate de columbine pills for 10 days and know my period five days late for the first time.

Yesterday I had sex with my husband after sex having brownish spotting this two days I had cramping breast tender and breast feel sick, white and thickness vaginal discharge, feel sick my heart, tired all the time, morning sickness, vomiting having pain my stomach only right side same times both side. And I test hCG blood test and urine the result is negative can I get pregnant? And what can I do to get pregnant?



Welcome to

First of all, miscarriages may be caused due to chromosomal abnormalities, hormone problems, distorted anatomy of the uterus, infective causes, unknown causes. Since you do not have a history of recurrent miscarriages, so you do not need to panic about your next pregnancy. Also, you need to get rid off the cyst, as cysts reduce the efficacy of any fertility medicines.

As the size is less than five cm, give it three months to reduce by taking oral contraceptives (Yaz, Diane 35) and folic acid. Once the cyst is gone, Clomiphene can work better, helping you to ovulate. But you also need to rule out other causes of infertility.

1. Are you overweight, BMI>25.

2. Do you have increased facial hair?

3. Check the partner's semen analysis.

4. Check blood for TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone), free T4, prolactin, LH (luteinizing hormone), FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone).

5. Check both the partner's blood for sugar fasting. The sickness feeling could be just due to Clomiphene overdosage, as Clomiphene is generally given only for five days and a dose of 50 mg to start with.

Please mention the dose too.Drink plenty of ORS and Plain fluids, may take some antiemetic (tablet Zofer), etc. check electrolytes (sodium, and potassium). If problems persist, need to see the doctor for physical examination.Please wait till your next periods to check your pregnancy test, because browning discharge could be implantation bleeding. I hope I was able to clear your doubts, for any other query, please feel free to write again.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
I have vaginal discharge, itching and irritation while peeing. Is this an infection?

.. often occurs due to cervical erosions or cervicitis. It shows increased vaginal discharge, and it can lead to secondary urinary tract infection with burning sensation and irritation during urination. So meet your gynecologist for a speculum examin...   Read full

I have vaginal discharge during my pregnancy. Is it normal?

.. bleeding in women around 11 weeks of pregnancy highly indicates a process of abortion. But your ultrasound showed you a normal finding. It is referred to as threatened abortion which is an early phase of abortion. More than 85% of bleeding is cons...   Read full

Is spotting due to I-pill or early pregnancy symptoms?

Well, the best way to find out whether this is spotting due to pregnancy or I-pill is by doing a simple blood test namely the serum beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) to rule out pregnancy ....   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Monkeypox Virus - Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, Complications, and Prevention
Monkeypox is a zoonotic viral disease. This virus got its name as it was first noticed in laboratory monkeys in the late...  Read more»
Tomato Fever - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Tomato fever is an unidentified and fast-spreading type of viral infection seen in young children. Scroll down to know m...  Read more»
Histrionic Personality Disorder - Causes, Signs, Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment
Histrionic personality disorder causes variations in the thinking ability of a person. Read this article to know more.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.