Q. I had a miscarriage last year. What can I do to get pregnant now?

Dr. Eeshani Dutta
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Jul 29, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 26, 2019

I am 23 years old. Last year I got pregnant but happened miscarriage I do not know why. But last three months I visited a doctor and checked ultrasound my doctor says you have right side ovary cyst 4.4 cm × 4.8 cm fluid and I take citrate de columbine pills for 10 days and know my period five days late for the first time.

Yesterday I had sex with my husband after sex having brownish spotting this two days I had cramping breast tender and breast feel sick, white and thickness vaginal discharge, feel sick my heart, tired all the time, morning sickness, vomiting having pain my stomach only right side same times both side. And I test hCG blood test and urine the result is negative can I get pregnant? And what can I do to get pregnant?

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

First of all, miscarriages may be caused due to chromosomal abnormalities, hormone problems, distorted anatomy of the uterus, infective causes, unknown causes. Since you do not have a history of recurrent miscarriages, so you do not need to panic about your next pregnancy. Also, you need to get rid off the cyst, as cysts reduce the efficacy of any fertility medicines.

As the size is less than five cm, give it three months to reduce by taking oral contraceptives (Yaz, Diane 35) and folic acid. Once the cyst is gone, Clomiphene can work better, helping you to ovulate. But you also need to rule out other causes of infertility.

1. Are you overweight, BMI>25.

2. Do you have increased facial hair?

3. Check the partner's semen analysis.

4. Check blood for TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone), free T4, prolactin, LH (luteinizing hormone), FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone).

5. Check both the partner's blood for sugar fasting. The sickness feeling could be just due to Clomiphene overdosage, as Clomiphene is generally given only for five days and a dose of 50 mg to start with.

Please mention the dose too.Drink plenty of ORS and Plain fluids, may take some antiemetic (tablet Zofer), etc. check electrolytes (sodium, and potassium). If problems persist, need to see the doctor for physical examination.Please wait till your next periods to check your pregnancy test, because browning discharge could be implantation bleeding. I hope I was able to clear your doubts, for any other query, please feel free to write again.

What is the problem for having vaginal discharge, itching and irritation while peeing?

Query: Hi doctor, I have bleeding after sex. I have pain while having sex. I have vaginal discharge and irritation while peeing and itching. Is this an infection or something else? I took an Unwanted 72 before three days.  Read Full »

What does waterlike vaginal discharge indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, My aunt is 31 years old and had her uterus removed 11 years ago. From then she never had the periods nor any discharge. It was all alright until a month ago. She had suddenly started experiencing waterlike vaginal discharge which is little smelly, and it hurts in stomach sometimes. When s...  Read Full »

I am pregnant and my urine had an orange discharge with beige solid pieces. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a query regarding a possible miscarriage. I am five weeks pregnant and I woke up with abdominal pain and found a discharge in my urine that looks like small pieces of solids (beige color with a fluid inside) and with small pieces of what looks like tissue. There was no blood an...  Read Full »