Q. I have attached my nuchal translucency scan and double marker test reports. Kindly explain.

Published on Jun 30, 2019

Kindly explain my nuchal translucency scan and double marker blood test reports in details. I am very worried due to in NT scan nasal bone could not be discretely seen. Gestational Age (as per USG) is 12 weeks and three days. All report attached here for your guidance and suggestions. Kindly help.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I do not see any problem in your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your blood reports and scan are within normal limits.Ultrasound scan is done at this 11 to 14 weeks to find out the most common genetic abnormality of the baby- Down syndrome.

1. Your age first diagnoses this, usually, as you cross 35 years the risk increases. For your age of 25 years, the risk is, very low. It has been mentioned in your report too.

2. The Nuchal translucency is the skin thickness of the baby's neck. In babies with Down syndrome, there is increased thickness. Up to around 3.5 mm is normal. Your level is normal.

3. Blood tests are the serum levels of PAPP-A and beta hCG. They are altered in the Down syndrome. As you see the risk of these above 1:250 is normal. As your values are above 4000, chances of any abnormality is next to impossible. Even the blood flow in the essential vessels are normal, which rules out Down syndrome (also called Trisomy 21). The only problem is nasal bone is not seen, and this could be ignored. If you want you can have repeat scan seven days later, by a doctor specialized in high-risk obstetrics. But I do not think that single finding needs to be worried about. I hope I have clarified your query, do write back if any more questions.

| 

Pregnancy test positive. On the 9th day had slight bleeding, why?

Query: Hello doctor, My period is delayed and I took pregnancy test after seven days and it was positive. On 9th day that is four days ago I had slight bleeding with brown blood and till now bleeding continues with mix of little and medium flow. Doctor recommended me not to continue with the pregnancy. Kin...  Read Full »

What does my double marker blood test indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 12 weeks 5 days pregnant. I got my NT scan and double marker blood test results. NT value 1.1 mm, free b-hCG 1.52 MOM, PAPP-A 0.37 MOM, trisomy 21+NT risk 1:1132, trisomy 21 1:169, trisomy 13/18+NT. In urine culture, there is no significant growth observed after 48 hours. I am curre...  Read Full »

Can you go through my NT scan and double marker reports and tell me if I am risk?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old female. I am 12 weeks pregnant. I have received my NT scan and double marker reports. Below are the details: NT 0.70 mm, trisomy 21 and NT 1:675, trisomy 13/18.  Read Full »