Q. Does low weight of fetus lead to early termination of pregnancy?

Dr. Richa Agarwal
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 21, 2015 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am 28 weeks pregnant (post IUI). Recently I got my growth scan done and it showed GA by LMP 29 weeks 3 days whereas GA by USG 28 weeks 2 days. Fetal body weight of 1125 gram and with a slight impression of asymmetrical IUGR. I am much worried about this 1 week 1 day gap between USG and low weight of the fetus. Can this gap be covered in the next USG, which I would be undergoing after ten days? My doctor gave injection Alamin-SN intravenously and one ampule injection Orofer since my hemoglobin was 10.40 g/dL. At present I am taking capsule Mcbm Dha, Ferium-XT, LRzin sachet and Wowmino sachet.

I wish to undergo a planned C-section delivery. Will that be possible considering my latest USG scan? Or do I have to terminate my pregnancy by delivering earlier? I would like to know whether I am receiving the right treatment or not. Kindly have a look on my amino infusion and guide me.

#

• I have gone through your medical history and in my opinion one week difference may occur and can be considered a normal change.
  • Your baby weight is fine and you are taking appropriate dose of amino acid and other medicines.
  •  Do not take too much stress. You will be able to get your C-section done on planned date.  Relax and enjoy your motherhood.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I would like to know, is amino infusion along with Orofer necessary for hemoglobin of 10.40 g/dL? Is it fine to have two weeks gap between a scan? Please guide me.

#

• Yes, two weeks gap between a scan is normal. As you have conceived after IUI (intrauterine insemination), she is concerned.
  • Your hemoglobin is not too low; hence there is no need for any amino infusion and injection Orofer.
  • You can take Iron tablets and Arginine sachet which is more than sufficient.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|