Q. Does rubbing of penis over vagina cause pregnancy?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
Published on Oct 12, 2019

I had unprotected sex with my partner without any penetration. I rubbed my penis over her vagina. I might have a little semen present in it. She usually has a periods cycle of 33 to 35 days. But her periods got delayed this month. Is she pregnant? Why is there a delay in her periods? Is there any typical food available to bring her periods on time?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Just touching or rubbing will not cause pregnancy. So relax and do not worry. The delay occurs due to hormonal changes. It happens due to stress and strain.

| 

I read several answers that rubbing might cause pregnancy. She was on the 16th day of her cycle, and it can also be a fertile period. Is it right to take papaya to bring her periods?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Usually touching or rubbing will not cause pregnancy. So stay relaxed and do not worry. Yes, papaya can help to bring periods.

| 

Pregnancy test had two mildly visible lines, but it is now negative.

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex six weeks ago and my period was late for two weeks. I used the first PT when my period was five days late and it has two lines but it is not that visible. After three days, I tried again and it is already negative. Up to the two-weeks late period, all PT are negat...  Read Full »

Why is my hair thinning and losing volume after delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, After delivery, my hair is thinning in the front part and lost my volume. Could you please suggest any tablets to regain density?  Read Full »

Pregnancy and Birth

Article Overview: Pregnancy is the time taken for a fetus to develop inside a woman’s womb. Sometimes, if more than one embryo develops inside the uterus at the same time, it is known as a multiple pregnancy.  Read Article

Dr. Shruti Kainth Kaushal

Overview: Pregnancy is the time taken for a fetus to develop inside a woman’s womb. Sometimes, if more than one embryo develops inside the uterus at the same time, it is known as a multiple pregnancy. It typically lasts for 40 weeks from the last menstrual period (LMP). A woman can get pregna...  Read Article