Q. How to overcome premature ejaculation?

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia
Published on Apr 05, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 11, 2019

I am 28 years old. Suffering from premature ejaculation. I used to ejaculate within a minute. I could not even control it. Feel very sensation in organ after penetration. Please help.

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Sexology
#

• Please answer few questions. How long it has been there?
  • Let me know your complete sexual history. Since when are you sexually active? And number of partners?
  • What is your masturbation history?
  • Do you suffer from any systemic illness such as diabetes and hypertension?

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

I have this problem since I am sexually active. I had first experience at the age of 19. I am sexually active with my girlfriends. Almost I had four girlfriends. I had sexual intimacy with all of them. I masturbate almost every day and I am continuing this for 6 to 7 years. When I do so, I used to do it fast to reach climax as early as possible. I am sexually active since seven to eight years. But not very frequent. On an average two to three times in a month. Do not have any such history of illness. But I get tensed very quickly in everyday life. Moreover suffering from performance anxiety during sex. Tried some techniques like deep breathing, squeeze method, stop and start, etc. But in vain.

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

#

• The main cause of your PME (premature ejaculation) is that you used to do it fast to reach climax as early as possible.
  • By daily masturbation, you have the habit of ejaculating fast and it is reflecting in your sexual life too.
  • So first limit your masturbation frequency. Maximum once or twice daily.
  • Also increase the timing of masturbation. Do not do it fast.
  • Deep breathing and start stop techniques are very good. Keep them continue.
  • By all this, you will get improvement definitely.
  • Still, if you want to take medication, then take tablet Dapoxetine 30 mg one tablet daily at night (preferably take 1 hour before intercourse).
  • Take tablet Lonazep 0.25 mg (Clonazepam) one tablet 15 minutes before intercourse on SOS (as necessary) basis. Review after 15 days.

Revert back after 15 days for review to a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Thanks doctor.

I have few more queries. I am planning to get married by next year and before that I want to cure or uproot the problem permanently. Is it possible to do so? Moreover you suggested to take the medicines sometimes before intercourse. But as I mentioned earlier sexually I am not very active. It is not planned. So, could you please suggest something to treat it permanently? Can I take the medicines you prescribed without intercourse? If yes then which one, when and how long? Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

#

• Actually to be frank timing increases with experience.
  • If you are doing sex in 2 to 3 months then we would not consider as disease entity.
  • So, you should increase your timing during masturbation. Also practice stop-start technique, squeeze techniques and deep breathing.
  • You can take Lonazep 0.25 mg (Clonazepam) 15 minutes before intercourse, in order to reduce performance anxiety.
  • All these techniques are really effective if done properly and on regular basis. And you will get permanent improvement.
  • It is not like that you need it, you applied it and it will work, indeed it is a skill that is needed to be learned by practice.
  • You can postpone the idea of Dapoxetine till marriage.

Mirap and Clonazepam prescribed for anxiety and depression, Is it fine to take?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am suffering from anxiety and depression. My doctor prescribed 15mg of Mirap at night and 0.50mg of Clonazepam twice daily. And Clonazepam has to be halved after every 10 days. Is it fine? Need a second opinion.  Read Full »

Will Masturbation cause Premature Ejaculation

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old unmarried male. I am suffering from premature ejaculation. I am masturbation from 13 years od age using sex toys. I am not lasting more than two minutes. I am taking antidepressants and doing squeeze technique. But, it does not help me. Kindly suggest medicine for prema...  Read Full »

Which fast-acting medicine can be taken for premature ejaculation before sex?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having premature ejaculation, which I have had for a few years now. Normally I last for less than a minute. I was once prescribed Pari 10 mg, which did work to some extent but I discontinued it as it was making me feel drowsy and out of sorts. Can you recommend a fast-acting medicin...  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now