Q. One of my teeth hurts. Should I get it removed?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

I have a tooth problem in two of my teeth from about a whole week. One tooth is broken and my other one just hurts. It is a lower and upper one. I had a fever for a whole day and my ear has been hurting for two days already. Do I need to go to the emergency room or can I wait to get it removed? Please help me out. I do not have dental insurance yet.

#

I had gone through your question. I can understand your concern.

• It seems to me that you have acute pulpitis.
  • You need to take a five-day antibiotic course and after that, you can get it removed. If you do not have any associated medical history or allergy to any of the below-said medications, I suggest you take them. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.
  1. Tablet Amoxycillin and Clavulanic Acid 625 mg thrice daily (eight-hourly) for five days.
  2. Tablet Ibuprofen twice daily for three days.
  3. Tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg on an empty stomach first thing in the morning once daily.
  • Have warm saline gargles before bedtime.
  • Visit your dentist to get the tooth treated by a root canal procedure or extraction as per the condition of the tooth.
  • Follow up with an X-ray related to that tooth.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|